Saturday, September 28, 2013

Weekly Mileage and Thoughts About Balance

This was a taper week.  I am pretty excited, because I had some quality runs, even though my mileage was low.

Sunday:  Rest
Monday:  1 mile warm up, 6 mile tempo 7:40 pace, .5 mile cool down (total 7.5miles treadmill)
Tuesday: 3.5 mile, 8 minute pace (total 3.5miles treadmill)
Wednesday: Rest (worked 12 hour shift)
Thursday: 1 mile warm up, 5 mile tempo 7:46 pace, .5 mile cool down (total 6.5miles outside)
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 1 mile warm up, 6 mile steady state run 7:51 pace, .5 cool down (total 7.5 miles outside)

Total miles: 25


What excites me most is that my outside pace is really improving!  Today's run was not THAT hard.  I could have pushed harder, but I wanted to make sure I practiced my pace consistently.  I feel well prepared for my race next week.  Praying for a good race day!

I feel like I have come a long way in how I balance running with my everyday life.  Running is an AMAZING outlet.  The problem (like anything else in life), is allowing myself to become a slave to my running goals.  God does not want us to allow ANYTHING to have a grip on us, that controls us, or enslaves us.  This is when even the best goals, can become damaging.  Goals are wonderful things, but they may need adjusting, setting aside, and at times let go entirely (usually for something better).  Letting go of something, can be really scary!  For those of us who love to dream our futures, that can be extremely challenging.  But, every once in a while, God shuts the door to something I want.  Always, He has something better, that requires me loosening my grip on the scraps I think I NEED.  I am learning the balance.  I find that in my running, I am constantly giving it back to God.  What I mean, is that life happens, and when I find myself frustrated by nothing going MY way, it is time to STOP this Momma's RUNNING around, and listen for HIS voice!  He always redirects my paths, sets me straight, and then I move again (WITH HIM).

God, continue to guide my life, my dreams, goals, everything.  I am ultimately here to bring glory to YOU!  May any success from my life be recognized as a gift from You.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Sounds like you have a good handle on balancing Running with Life. Some days I struggle with it but as long as I keep focused and remember there will ALWAYS be another race, run, etc, it makes it easier.