Monday, September 9, 2013

Treadmill Tempo

Good run this morning.  I love Mondays (probably the only one who does)!  Seems like I run my best on these days!  Still a little tired from sleeping with Annabelle.   She is feeling better today, so hopefully I can sleep in my own bed tonight.  :)

We all slept in (for me that is 6:30).  Out the door around 8. Ran one 10 minute warm up mile around the neighborhood, then I went on the treadmill.  I have been trying to do about half my runs on it, because it is so much easier on my joints, knee and IT band.  Anyway, I started at 8 min pace and it felt slow!!!!  I increased my speed by feel (always cover the data field as it drives me crazy).  Around 25 minutes into my run I bumped up the speed one more notch to 7:35.  I ran the rest of my run at this pace.  Total treadmill time 46:05 for 6 miles.  Average pace 7:40.  Cool down for .5 miles.  Total miles today 7.5. I felt strangely good.  I am even wondering if something is wrong with the treadmill pace accuracy!  I hope not!

Anyone else like the treadmill?  Curious about pace differences between treadmill running and outdoor running.  I am guessing about 15 seconds per mile difference.  What do you think?

1 comment:

Amanda MacB said...

I am completely new to running, but I have (pretty much) only run on the treadmill b/c a) the track was hurting my legs b)I have to run where childcare is available w/ The Hubs' crazy schedule and c)it has been 90-100 degrees for the last several weeks and I have a hard enough time getting my butt to an air conditioned gym. :)