Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Food, MOPS and a PR

I made the most YUMMY salad yesterday!  Getting ready for "wing" season?  I AM!  I made a buffalo chicken salad that I just could NOT get enough of.  Michael and I are trying to be more intentional about eating more fresh produce.  Heck, anyone would want to eat their veggies this way!  Did you know that making homemade wing sauce is SUPER easy!?  It's basically hot sauce and butter.  I made mine equal parts and threw in a bit of chili powder, garlic powder, and a touch of sugar.


Make your sauce!


Grill your chicken and dump it inside the sauce to coat!


I love this Blue Cheese Dressing!


 Garnish with tomatoes, green onion, and carrots!  I used Romaine Lettuce for a good crunch!  The hubs was happy!  Plus, this salad was super cheap to make.  I bought the Romaine for $.98. (had to wash and cut myself, but so much cheaper that way.)  Chicken was on sale for a couple of bucks.  I guess the total cost per salad about $3!  Pretty good for a salad!


I made some other yummy treats to take to MOPS yesterday.  Like Almond butter? Are you gluten free?  YOU WILL LOVE THESE!!!!  "CAKE BATTER BARS" They were a big hit with the Moms today, too!





I found this recipe on Pinterest.  I will post the link.  Basically, mix oat flour, rice crispies, honey, almond butter, van extract and some sprinkles.  Press mixture in a pan and plop in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.  NO BAKING!  Yummy, good treat!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/06/26/cake-batter-energy-bars/


I decided to make some easy chocolate chip muffins with jam on top, too!



So, I wanted to take more pictures of the table cloths I made for MOPS, but I was in such a whirlwind, that I never got around to it.  Here is one from a few weeks ago.  It is not finished yet, but this is all I have for now.  :(


MOPS was great today.  I am exhausted.  We got there an hour before it started to set up.  It is REALLY difficult to make things cute and hospitable with an 18mo little boy who loves to run away from me.  To start things off right, Annabelle threw up right after we got to church (motion sickness).   Luckily, she missed her clothes and the car!  Parking lot got the brunt of it.  Well, our theme this year is a "beautiful mess".  So true!  


I got up at 5am to have my Bible time and run.  When I stepped outside, still dark.


Sorry for the blurriness! I DON'T like to run in the dark.  I ran a mile warm up where the street was lit up, and then to the family center for the treadmill.  I ran 3 miles hard.  

Mile 1 7:30
Mile 2 7:14
Mile 3 6:55

Then another mile to cool down.  I shaved 6 seconds off my 3 mile treadmill time.  21:39.  I did get a pukey feeling or two, but they passed as I focussed on my breathing.

Happy Day!  God is good!

Impactful Bible verse today: 

1 Cor 1:27 "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things that are mighty."

In everything I do, God let it be in your strength.  I know your power is made perfect in weakness.  To run fast or slow all for the glory of God!  We are here to glorify HIM.

No comments: