Sunday, September 15, 2013

Change of Plans

I have been training for my 1/2 marathon, scheduled October 6th.  About a week ago, I received an e-mail from the race coordinator that they had to change the date to October 20th.  This is the second time they have changed the date, and my friend is unable to run on the new date.

Asked for a refund!

Now, we are running the Denver 15k Hot Chocolate race on October 6th!  Although, it's not a "1/2" it sounds like WAY more fun:

http://www.hotchocolate15k.com/denver/

I am also raising money for Ronald McDonald Charity, if anyone would like to contribute, let me know!

I ran my long run yesterday.  10 miles.  One mile warmup and then 9 miles at 8:30 overall pace.   It was not my best time.  But, it is that time of the month, and I am fighting the kiddos colds.  I want to keep training like I am running a 1/2 on the 6th.  I am guaranteed a PR, because I have never ran a 9.3 mile race.  Nice, huh!?!

Pray for our state right now.  Luckily, our home and neighborhood have not been affected by the floods, but many of my co-workers cannot get to work and are loosing their homes.  So sad.  One of the teenagers who lost their life, was a daughter of someone who works at my hospital.  The road that collapsed pulling 3 cars into the flood waters, was right down the road from where I work.  This all hits way too close to home.  I know that God is in control.  Praying for His comfort for these families who are experiencing such enormous grave losses.

It is raining again, right now.  God, give us a peace that transcends all understanding.

No comments: