Sunday, September 22, 2013

Long Run and Weekly Mileage

Yesterday's Run:

Mile .5 warm up 
Mile 1 pace 9:20
Mile 2 pace 8:54
Mile 3 pace 8:53
Mile 4 pace 8:26
Mile 5 pace 8:26
Mile 6 pace 8:02
Mile 7 pace 7:51
Mile 8 pace 7:45
Mile 9 pace 7:43
Mile 9.5 cool down

Total miles 10.  Overall pace 8:23.  I was SO tired at the beginning of this.  I felt like I was really pushing myself in my first mile at a 9:20 pace!!!  I thought for sure I would be running slow all the way through.  But, when I got down to the last 4 miles, I felt ok!  I did not feel like I was going to hurl.  It felt comfortably hard.  JUST WHAT I WANT TO PRACTICE!  So, decent run.

I took today off, because my knee is bugging me a little more than usual.  I ran a little harder and longer last week overall.  I DON'T want to injure myself!!!!  My race is less than 2 weeks!

Weekly mileage report (I don't usually do this, but I am going to try to keep up):

Sunday 4 miles easy (outside)
Monday 1 mile warm up, 6 miles 7:39 pace, .5mile cool down, total 7.5 miles (tempo, treadmill)
Tuesday 1 mile warm up, 3 miles 7:14 pace, .7mile cool down, total 4.7 miles (speed, treadmill)
Wednesday 3 miles easy (outside)
Thursday 1 mile warm up, 5 miles 8:03 pace, .5mile cool down, total 6.5 miles (tempo outside)
Friday 4.3 miles easy (treadmill)
Saturday .5mile warm up, 9 miles 8:23 pace, .5mile cool down (long run outside)

Total miles: 40 

So, now I am going to taper a bit this week.  Our anniversary is Friday, so we will probably go somewhere overnight!!!  

My race is only 9.3 miles instead of a 1/2 marathon.  But I am fine with that.  I really wanted to PR a 1/2, but maybe I will do the Platt River 1/2 in April.  That will give me lots more time to get my pace where I want it to be.

Happy Sunday, and FIRST day of FALL!

No comments: