Friday, September 27, 2013

Good Run, Good Cookies, Good Man

I am tapering my running a bit this week.  My race is about a week away.  May I just say, that I have really enjoyed taking it easy with my workouts!  I'm sleeping in, feeling more refreshed, my legs feel GREAT, and my runs are more enjoyable for me!

Yesterday's run was outside, and my best time for an outside run, since I started using my garmin to track my pace.  I ran a 5 mile tempo:

1 mile warm up 10:00 min pace

5 miles 7:46 overall pace

.5 mile cool down 9 min pace

Fall is in the AIR!  Annabelle and I have already been baking!  For the first day of Fall, we made these cookies:


These "yummies" are on Pinterest, under scarecrow cookies!  I used shredded wheat hair, because we did not have fiber one cereal.  SO fun!



We are HUNGRY, Mom!


Threw in some candy corns with my BEST EVER chocolate chip cookie recipe!  YUM!


MUMS!


Random Picture of one of my favorite homes from our neighborhood!  We walk by it every time we go to the park!  Just couldn't help but take a picture!


Michael and I celebrated 5 years of being married today!  We actually celebrated last night!  My sister offered to watch the kiddos for us so we could get away for a night!  SO needed.  We went to the Westin Hotel in Westminster, CO.  Dinner was Habachi grill and sushi!  I had never had Habachi, and I am a BIG fan, now!!!!  SO Good!  It was raining all day today, so we weren't able to do some hiking as we planned.  We went shopping instead!  Got some new running tights!!!!  :)  We also made a list of 5 new activities for us to do together, as a couple, this year.  One is archery!  Michael just bought a compound bow, and has been extremely excited about his new sport.   He really wanted me to try it.  So we went to Cabella's, and I decided to give it a go!


I actually REALLY liked it!  I learned that I am left eye dominant, so I have to shoot with my left hand, even though I am right handed.  Maybe I will be blogging about archery down the road! ;)

We had a great day!  I really feel blessed by my husband.  He is my very best friend!  NO ONE BETTER suited for me.  He is hardworking, kind, considerate, humble, patient, and loves the LORD!  A wonderful 5 years, and despite what I have heard said about the 5 year mark and how difficult marriage is at that point, I feel just the opposite.

Happy Anniversary, Michael!  I love you more and more with every day that passes.

No comments: