Friday, September 20, 2013

Goodbye Grandpa and Grandma :(

Yesterday's run was pretty good!  I typically do a tempo on Thursday.  If Monday is my good running day, then Thursday would usually be my bad running day.  Thursday workouts are always tough for me.  I don't know if Monday's tempo, Tuesday's speed and at 12 hour work shift on Wednesday are the culprits, but whatever it is I always feel like I have a hard time getting into my groove.  I didn't work this past Wednesday, but did an easy super slow 3 miler outside.  I still felt tired on Thursday morning, like always.  BUT, I feel like my times were a LITTLE bit better than normal.

Here is Thursday's workout:

1 mile warm up 10:00 pace
2 8:50
3 8:19
4 8:06
5 7:46
6 7:13
.5 mile cool down 10:00 pace

5 mile overall pace 8:03.

Total miles 6.5

This workout was outside.   I really feel like my garmin jumps all over the place.  I am super anxious to see how it fares in my upcoming race.  It seems like my garmin pace is so different from my treadmill pace.

Today was a 4.3 mile easy run on the treadmill at 8:50 pace.  Gearing up for my long run tomorrow morning!

Grandma and Grandpa went home today.  We are all sad. :(  This trip was a little more low key than normal.  Just now as much to do with all the recent flooding.  Can I just say that I really LOVE my in-laws!  I get along so well with them.  Friends always look at me concerned when I tell them my in-laws are coming to town.  ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS do I reassure them of how much I love having them visit.  They spoil us rotten when they come out.  :)




Remember these!?!  



Thanks Grandpa and Grandma!  Not sure who likes them more, Annabelle or MOM!



Ready for the first fall session class of gymnastics!  Finally Grandpa and Grandma get to watch!



Another cute shot!  I wish I could have taken a few pics of her in class, but alas I was chasing the Joe Joe around the gym!


Watching Cailou and Berenstain Bears!

Anyone have a typical good and bad running day?
Anyone with Garmin pace being much different than treadmill?
Do you get along with your in-laws?

2 comments:

Amanda MacB said...

Lincoln Logs - how fun!
I have not run since the last Saturday night, but I did walk for an hour on Tuesday. This week G had two extra appointments, and I couldn't get my butt in gear. But after my first race last week I now know what I can do - and I plan on pushing myself this upcoming week.

I only see my in-laws once every two years it seems. My MIL is very different than my mom, so that took awhile to get used to, so things have gotten better once I let go of some expectations.

Kristy Homan said...

Way to go on your first race, Amanda!!! That is awesome! Wish we could do one together! Running breaks are sometimes the very best thing! Can't wait to hear about your running goals sometime!