Friday, August 16, 2013

Goodbye Summer... :(

I ran 6 miles today.  I am not having any really good runs this week.  I feel tired, sore, crabby.  GRANTED, I just finished my "time of the month".  I always feel so sluggish right after I am done with my period, and I wonder if I might be iron deficient.  Common enough in runners, but more so in females due to menstruation.  Sorry if TMI, but it's just no fun to be a girl some times.  My run yesterday was supposed to be a 6 mile tempo, and ended up being a 5 miler at 8:39 pace!  I knew at the beginning of it, that it would be a miracle to just finish.  I don't know what happened.  I worked the day before.  Maybe exhausted, still.  ;)  Grrrrr.... I know runners have bad weeks, but it is hard to not think that you are losing fitness.  Today was a little better.  I did my 6 miles.  Pace was better, but not very consistent.


My long run is tomorrow.  Last week, I did a long run closer to race pace.  Tomorrow, will most likely be at much slower pace.  We'll see.  My 1/2 is less than 2 months away.  October 6th!  I feel like my mileage is where is should be.  But, my pace is another story.    

Summer still has a month to go, but I feel like it is ending already.  Kiddos are already going back to school.  Annabelle and I went shopping yesterday, and the weather was so perfect!  I am not looking forward to cooler days.   We went to Charming Charlie to look for a gift for a friend of mine.  Annabelle's first time in this store!  She is such a diva!


Trying on headbands and necklaces! She actually got her brush out of her purse and started brushing her hair right in the middle of the store for everyone to see!  It was SO stinking cute!  I had to try my very best not to laugh!

We went to my FAVORITE froyo place after our little shopping adventure, Red Mango!  They have the BEST Pina Colada yogurt,  to which we added some fresh Pineapple!  I'm glad this place is 15min from my house, or we would be in trouble!


Date day with Mom!  

Today, I took the kiddos to the pool, the last time for the year!  :(  I can't believe how early all the pools close around here!  When I was growing up, they stayed open until Labor Day weekend!  This officially makes me feel like Summer is over.  We had a great time and made some new friends!  


Snackin during "adult swim".  I guess it's a good thing the pool season is almost over.  Joey has decided that he does NOT like the pool scene and much as his sissy and Momma.  I hope he changes his mind by next year.  


Ready to swim!

 Another cute shot of Annabelle.  BTW, I do love my Joey, but I'm usually holding him when we get shots of his sister.  Hopefully, he doesn't sneak on the internet and read my blog.


From trike to training wheels.  Where does the time go?  Enjoying the last of these Summer days.

God is good!  I am thankful.  I look back and see where He has brought me, and my heart just fills with gratitude.  What did I do to deserve this?  Nothing.  His grace, His gifts.  Thank you Heavenly Father for these precious moments.



No comments: