Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Garmin Forerunner 210 vrs. Map My Run

Today I did a 5 mile easy run.  My little Annabelle was in my bedroom this morning at 4am!  Needless to say, my sleep was very fragmented and I didn't feel very good when I got up this morning.  My left knee has been bugging me, too.  Grrr...  I think I have a tight IT band that has caused some Patella tendonitis.  So, I have been stretching, icing and taking it easy over the past few weeks.  Got a new pair of shoes.  Seems I need a new pair every 2 months!

Anyway, decided to try my garmin and Map My Run on my phone today.  I really wanted to see the difference.  The reason I wanted a garmin, was that I heard have a much more accurate GPS than Iphone running apps, such as Map My Run.

HUGE difference!

Garmin is on the left and Map My Run is on the right.  Garmin's overall pace is 9:09.  Map My Run's overall pace (which isn't shown here) is 8:38.  Map my run's distance is 5.5 miles while my garmin is 5.2.  This might not seem like a big deal if you are just going for distance, but if you are trying to improve your pace, Map My Run will make you feel like a rockstar when you train and a train wreck come race day.

Anyway, I had always wanted to know the difference between GPS devices.

The truth shall set you free!  ;)

No comments: