Friday, January 31, 2014

A Heart For God

Well, we had our Winter storm last night for which I fully prepared. Annabelle, Joey and I went to the store for supplies, aka -milk.  :). We then headed to the library to play and get some good reading material for our cabin days ahead.  


Snow shmo.  We got like 2-3 inches which is like nothing unless you live in Atlanta.  Sorry, couldn't help it.  My good friend was actually there during the fiasco for work and had to abandon her car.  I'm sure it wasn't so funny for her.  Anyway it is chilly out and Joey has a runny nose so I feel like we are kind of trapped in doors.

Running this week has been good!  My paces are not the best, but I am up with miles and I can feel it!  If I actually get to do my long run tomorrow I will be right at 40 miles for the week!

Sunday was a rest day
Monday was 7 mile tempo
Tuesday was 6 easy
Wednesday was 6.5 tempo
Thurs was 5 miles speed (5 1/2 mile repeats between 6:53-6:40 pace)
Today was 4.5 miles easy
Tomorrow hopefully 11 BUT it will most likely have to be done on the treadmill and I just cannot fathom that!!!!  Longest I have ever run has been 9 on a treadmill.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26. 

That verse was the cover in a young girl's Facebook page.  She was diagnosed 5 years ago with a fibrous heart tumor just months after her own father died in expectantly from a heart arrhythmia.  This girl, I never met her, was very very close to our former pastor's family and some other friends.  Almost 2 weeks ago I received an email from a friend for prayer regarding her family, as this sweet girl went home to be with The Lord. Although she had a heart tumor, her passing was very unexpected and she left so many loved ones behind.  Over 2000 people came to her funeral.  Over 150 people came to know Christ as their Savior!  Her story was amazing, and the night before she passed away she wrote in her journal that she did not want to have heart problems and would never have chosen it, but that God was "the boss" of her life.  Our pastor,like a Dad to her, shared his sermon (planned over 6 months ago with this girl's life verse in his sermon notes)!  I listened to the podcast this morning during run.  Once again I was reminded that my flesh and my heart will fail one day, but God is my strength forever.  I want to ALWAYS seek Him, and that is hard, because of the distractions of life.  But what is really important in life??  Knowing The love of Christ and sharing it with others.  My running heart is strong, my spiritual heart needs nourishment that only Christ can give!  His love conquers all.  This young girl knew that!  She left behind her heart for God that we get to see in the lives of all she knew.  Amazing that a girl with such a weak physical heart had a strong spiritual heart, and IT is still beating!  I feel it and I had never met her.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us..."  Phil 12:1

My ultimate race is my life, and my glory is Christ.  Thank you sweet girl I never met for reminding me of it!






No comments: