Friday, January 17, 2014

Long Run: January Joy Outdoors


I am LOVING this weather!!!  The next few days will be in the 50s and full on sunshine!!  My kind of winter!  I don't mind snow as long as it is warm enough to play in it.  Today was light jacket weather, and most of our time was outside!  I decided to do my long run today instead of tomorrow, because Michael was home all day.  I slept in until 7am!  Yup, that is sleeping in for me.  In the Winter, I wake up at 5:20 and try to get to the gym by 6:20.  I run a lot of miles on the treadmill because it is too dark to run outside, and I don't want my workouts dominating the morning.  I do try to save my long run for outside though, to remind my legs how to run on the road.  This week and last week, I have done some pretty intense speed work, so I just kind of went with the flow today.  I ran 9 miles at an easy pace of 8:30.  I felt really good, and could have ran more, but I had a few things to do.

I took the kids out for bike rides and walks today.


Cutest neighbor cat.  He is the most friendly and social cat I have ever met!  We call him Joshua, because we make up stories about his life.  



Enjoy your weekend!  Hopefully nice weather will visit you!

No comments: