Sunday, January 26, 2014

Long Run and Outside


I feel very VERY blessed to live where I do!  Colorado has the very best winters in my opinion.  They are very mild, rarely dipping below 30.  This week has been averaging 50s!   We are forecasted for some snow tomorrow, but then those Spring like temps will be right back melting away any kind of evidence of Winter.  I DO enjoy snow, but I hate being cooped up.  

My planned 11 mile run turned into 10. I was not running as fast as I wanted, and I needed to get home to the fam.  I have a small cold.  Not dizzy or feverish, but just enough of one to feel run down. Plus, Joey had me up at 5am!!!  My overall average pace was 8:30.  This isn't bad for a long run, but I was wanting to turn it into more of a tempo run.  I got one of those miles around an 8 minute pace, but most were right at a 8:30 pace. At least it is done!  I got home, walked to the park with Annabelle.  Then we all trekked to Boulder for the afternoon for another mile walk with the kids.  So technically I put in 12 miles.  :)  My last mile pace was 1 hour!  Nice!  ;)



That is a real tree trunk she is sitting on!

Anyone heard of vegetable tea?  I got a sampler from a friend.  At first it DID NOT sound good to me at all!!!  But I tried it, and really like it!  My favorite so far has been "Beet and Cabbage".

Today was a rest day.  Michael had to work, and Joey had me up until 2am!   I was pretty tired.  But, we went to the park for an hour or so and ran around, so  I felt refreshed!  I also did a 15 minute yoga video today specifically for runners. I feel great!  No soreness at all.

We are down to one vehicle right now, so we have been very limited in getting around when Michael is at work.  I feel cooped up so easily, and find that I get depressed from lack of a social circle. It is hard being home with your children so much, but I KNOW it is what is best for them.  I know that all the little decisions (having a plan for the day, getting outside, playing with them, reading to them) make for a better home life for us all. It is really easy though to think mothering is not that big of a deal, probably because it is not valued very much in our society.  But I know that God does value it.  I pray that I can remember that when it is hard.  I love my children so much, but I often struggle with guilt that I want and NEED time to myself as well.  Does anyone feel this way?  I wonder if it will EVER go away or if that is just what everyone meant when they said your life changes forever when they are born!!!  It does change for the better!  But change is hard, and good grief the change is constant with those precious babes!

Here's to a new week!

Anyone stay home with their kiddos?
What do you do for "me" time?
How cold is it where you live?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your weather! 50 degrees sounds so glorious right now. I'm over here in freezing cold polar vortex Maryland.

And 8:30 pace is awesome! I'm glad you got in your 12. :)

Your kids are so cute! I work full time so I don't stay home with mine, but I often wish I could do at least part time hours so I could have more time with her. My me time is usually filled up with running or yoga. Or relaxing on the couch with a glass of wine after I get the little girl to bed. :)

Kristy Homan said...

Your little girl is adorable! Couch time seems to be what we do for fun these days too! Wouldn't trade my babies, but goodness I miss spontaneity!

Amanda MacB said...

Me time - I grab a cup of coffee and sit in silence or with a book or sometimes if I am lucky, with a friend.
You have such a beautiful family, Kristy!

Kristy Homan said...

Thank you, Amanda! I wish I could sit and have a cup of coffee with you!! :)