Tuesday, July 30, 2013

7 Mile tempo run today.  I felt pretty good.  My legs were the tinniest bit sore from yesterday's hill workout.  Overall, it was a good run.  My last 4 miles were right at 8 minute pace.  Here are my splits:



Not too shabby.  Did I mention I registered for my 3rd half marathon?  My friend Lynn and I are running the Westminster trail 1/2 in October.  I'm hoping for a GOOD PR.  My last 1/2 was about a 9 minute pace.  That is my easy pace now.  I am wanting around an 8 minute pace this time.  My super ambitious goal is sub 8 minute pace.  I think it's doable.  Excited.  My friend Lynn, who just started running a few years ago (she ran her first 1/2 with little running background) has now run 4 1/2 marathons I think.  I'm excited to have some quality girl time during some of our long runs (here's hoping our schedules allow for that!)

Today was library day for the kiddos!  We had a great time.  The last 2 times we have gone, we have had to leave early due to Joey's poopies.  :(  It was nice to get OUT of the house into civilization.





Jungle exploration theme today!


Annabelle's new friend Natasha, who only speaks Russian!  You would not be able to tell any kid of language barrier between them.  They got along so well and shared.  We adults need to learn from our kids!

Joey practicing his newfound walking ability!  My big boy!


She loves to read!  Happy heart!

This time of year gets me thinking about school!  I am keeping Annabelle home this year instead of sending her to preschool.  Finances are the main reason.  The only preschool I could bare sending her too, was about $4000 a year!  Anyway, she gets plenty of structured time with other children at church, MOPS, gymnastics, etc.  But I am thinking of different ways to teach her.  Right now we are working through the alphabet.  She knows all her letters, but now knows the sounds of A-H.  We are learning the calendar and chores or daily tasks.  Here are some of the ways we are changing our environment for  learning:


She gets to place the new date on the calendar every day!  She loves it!


Great chore chart (Pinterest find) for a preschooler.  Very simple, but it works!

Overall a good day!   Yummy leftovers tonight!  Or maybe some BLTs with some of that homemade bread!


3 comments:

Amanda MacB said...

$4000?! Holy cow!
You are doing a great job, Kristy! That chore chart is adorable.

Kristy Homan said...

I know!!! So expensive! I think you are doing a great job, too! :)

Kristy Homan said...

I know!!! So expensive! I think you are doing a great job, too! :)