Saturday, July 27, 2013

Good Things

Ran an easy 8 miles this morning.  Roughly a 9 minute pace throughout.  The weather was AWESOME.  The sun was shining, about 70 degrees and no wind.  I really enjoy these long slower runs.  My mind can just go wherever it wants.  I don't have to focus on time, speed, or trying not to puke!  :)

Yesterday was a victory day for me.  Actually it was a very good day.  Got our "sneak peak"  at some family photos taken last week.  (I have been checking the photographers site like 10,000 times a day).  I also had a mile PR!  I have been doing a lot of running this summer, with various kinds of runs - sprints, tempo runs, steady state.  So far I have ran about 40 miles/week as my most weekly mileage.  This week was 37 total and I feel great!  Not sore, not feeling like death.  A sign of increased fitness!  So, back to yesterday.  My goal was a 6 mile tempo run.  I usually try to really pick it up the last few miles.  I forgot to do this on mile 4.   OOPs.  So I decided to run a good last mile to see what kind of pace I could find.  6:47!  I almost cried.  My husband thought I was crazy when I told him that!  But really, his big hug said he was happy for me.  :)

Recovery meal today was 2 scrambled eggs, 1 piece wheat toast, and a peach.  I LOVE eggs.  They just keep me from feeling like I am starving all day.

Here is a sneak peek for anyone who actually reads this (or for just me when I read my own blog.  Promise I am not narcissistic.) :


No comments: