Sunday, July 28, 2013

Yummy Salad

Right now, I am eating this AMAZING, yummy salad.  This is a pinterest find, and it is my fav right now!  Even the hubs loves it.  I will cut to the chase and post the recipe:


Yummy Salad (I don't know the official name) 

Baby spring mix (the arugula tastes divine)
Cilantro
Tomato
Sweet corn
Garbanzo beans
Shredded grilled chicken
Goat Cheese (my newest addiction)
BBQ sauce (I make my own)
Avacodo (I didn't have any this time)  

Toss as much of each ingredient as you want and enjoy!  

I love Summer when produce is so fresh and flavorful.  So much easier to eat healthier.  I still don't know how to give up my ice cream addiction, but I am a work in progress!  Blue Bell cookie dough is the best cookie dough Ice cream in the world by the way!

Anyway, I ran 6 miles tempo today.  I felt like I was running faster than my splits gave me credit for.  It was overcast, and that often affects GPS.  I felt ok today.  A little sore and tired after yesterday's run.  Fastest mile today was 7:35.  I will take it.  Did a few push-ups and squats post run and lots of stretching.  Here's to a new week!!

In other news, check out my mini athletes:


Annabelle very inspired after viewing some gymnastics videos.


Joey's first time in the swing at our gym!  I think he likes it!

That is all for now.  Time to get ready for the park!

2 comments:

Anne said...

That salad looks fantastic! I think I'm going to try that after my next grocery trip.

Kristy Homan said...

Thanks! I was surprised at how GOOD it is! :)