Thursday, December 3, 2009

36 weeks - Santa baby, just slip a baby under the tree, FOR ME!

Less than 4 weeks to go... well until my due date. I can't believe how fast and slow this is going. I am really starting to feel the pregnancy now. The last few days, I've been pretty exhausted. I'm still working, but on the days I'm not, I spend my time recovering. It's amazing how tired I am. I think part of this is due to my constant interrupted sleep pattern at night. I wake up every 2-3 hours to potty and then, usually around 4am I can't fall back asleep. Ugggg... and I know it gets worse after baby is here. I'm not much fun for Michael, but he has been very supportive of me.

Yesterday we went to a Christmas party, and I slipped on ice outside and fell. Imagine I giant prego flying through the air, landing on her back side (good thing my butt is extra padded right now) and then I really couldn't get up! I just laid on the ground, rolling side to side trying to muster the strength to get up, my ginger bread cookies ruined (of which Michael frosted for me), and tears were brimming in my eyes. So humiliating, well, at the time. It's kind of funny now looking back. Michael was SO sweet and so concerned, and I just love him so much. I'm so thankful for him. I'm truly blessed with a wonderful man! I can't wait to see him as a Daddy! He'll be great! Anyway, I'm fine. Not a single bruise. But I don't walk outside at all unless my man is there to hold on to... at least while there is snow outside.

We had another midwife appointment yesterday. HR is 141. I'm measuring right on target. I had my first cervical check, since they were checking anyway for group B-strep. I have been feeling so much pressure down there at times, and I have been having lots of Braxton Hicks. No news. I'm -2 station, cervix closed and while baby is head down and in good position, not yet engaged. This means I'll be at least 2 more weeks for sure! Baby hasn't really dropped yet like I thought. Oh, well. More time in the oven is good for chunk, no matter how impatient and cranky I get.

Michael got the lights up on the house! I LOVE Christmas! He did a great job! Check it out:
















No comments: