Wednesday, November 25, 2009

35 Weeks!

I'm still feeling pretty good! My only main issue, is that I have developed a pregnancy rash I think. I have these little bumps on my chest, some on my abdomen, and on my back. They look like I'm breaking out with acne, except that they ITCH like the dickens. I'm fortunate so far that I haven't gotten any stretch marks! I do have a very faint Linea nigra on my abdomen. Lot's of contractions too! Nothing regular though, and they aren't painful. Yesterday, when I was out for my jog, I felt some "leaking". It actually only happened one time. I was a little nervous that it was amniotic fluid. I was thinking that as much as I'd love to see my baby, he/she needs to cook at least a few more weeks. I determined, it must have been urine, since it only happened one time. I think baby has dropped, I feel "lower" and everyone keeps telling me I look "lower". Lot's of pressure.

Last week I mentioned that I thought I was starting to lactate! I definitely am! I have felt the "let-down" sensation several times. It feels like a tingling sensation in my nipples. Once I felt it in the shower, and was able to express some milk out of my breasts. It's amazing how God has created our bodies to support another life. What a gift!

So much to do still! We need to pack our bag, set up our hospital tour, and decide on a pediatrician. This is actually the hard part, since Michael and I are VERY undecided about certain kinds of vaccinations. We definitely DO NOT want the Hep B vaccine when the baby is born. I for sure want to delay it, and may not want it at all. So, we need to find someone who will be more flexible about the medical model of vaccines. There is quite a bit of controversy over the Hep B vaccine given right after birth, as the baby has not yet full developed their central nervous system. The ingredients in the vaccine have been linked to autism (thimerisal) and Alzheimer's (aluminum).

Back to the Hospital!
So, after SEVERAL hours on the phone with our insurance company, and 6 different answers and being transferred who knows how many times, it was finally decided that there was no way to determine if they would cover the actual birth at the birth center. UGGGG.... this was SO frustrating, as I thought I had all my ducks in a row. I'm a naive girl I guess. Anyway, we are back with our previous Midwifery group and will be delivering at the North Suburban Medical center after all. They were very gracious and understanding about our attempts to go to the birth center and took us back, no questions. I guess I was afraid they wouldn't take us back or something (hahaha... Christmas baby with no room in the inn)! We just don't want to get stuck with a $1600 bill after baby is born (which was a possibility at the birth center) and for sure everything is covered at the hospital.

Well, I think that is it for this week. I can't believe how fast all this is going. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: