Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chunk may be a Christmas baby after all!

As of last Friday, I began having lower abdominal cramping and lots of pressure. On Saturday while I was at work, it was worse. The cramps felt like menstrual cramps. They have remained constant throughout the last few days. I've had lots of Braxton Hicks contractions as well. I'm going to the bathroom a lot more too. EIGHT times one night!

Anyway, I think baby has REALLY dropped this time. We had a midwife appointment today, and my curiosity got the best of me, and I let them do a cervical check. First, I measured 35cm! Last week I measured 38 I think! Baby dropped 3cm in one week! HR was the lowest it's ever been 120s-130s! I explained about the cramping and pressure. She checked me and baby is engaged and I'm 60% effaced! My cervix is also anterior now and she said opened a little (not sure what that means)! I'm also releasing small parts of my mucous plug, which she had on her hand afterwards. Sorry if TMI. She was really excited and said that all of these are signs of early labor!

Well, Chunk could be here before you know it! I'm trying to not get too excited, because I have friends who have remained in this situation for a good few weeks! But, it's encouraging to know that things are moving along!

No comments: