Monday, February 10, 2014

The Kids are Napping.... AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

I don't really know what to write about, but I feel like I SHOULD, because both my kids are napping at the SAME time.  This happens, LIKE, once a year!  I love reading running blogs at night after they are in bed, and I always wish I had more time to post more on my own blog.  By the end of the day, I want to flop on the couch with the hubs, and veg.  I have no running blog energy.  :)  So, I am making myself do it now, even though I feel fresh out of running topics.  Coffee sounds good right now.  Anyone drink coffee before, during, or after a run.  Ha!

Running last week was decent.  Here are my miles:

Monday (8 miles total -1 mile warm up, 4 at 7:33 pace and 3 at 8:00 pace.)
Tuedsday (6 miles easy)
Wednesday OFF (worked 14 hours and walked/stood for most of it)
Thursday (6 miles total - 1 mile warm up, 4 at 7:20 pace and 1 mile cool down)
Friday (10 miles total - 7 miles easy and 3 at 1/2 marathon pace 7:45)
Saturday (6 miles easy)

Total 36 miles


Today's run was not good!  I felt really tired and a little dizzy.  I ran my warm up and I probably should have ran more of it, because I just didn't feel right getting into my tempo speed.  I tried to get a good tempo run done, but only managed 4 at 7:36 pace.   The first 2 miles felt fine, and then I started to feel YUCK! I was hoping for 6, but only managed 4 at this pace.  I ran another 1.5 cool down and that even felt hard.  I wanted to run 8 today, but called it quits and headed home.  I don't understand why our bodies trick us like this.  I had a complete day of rest yesterday, and was hoping for a good run today.  Grrrrrr.... BUT



Well, I think I will do a nice relaxing yoga video, now and get that cup of coffee!

God is good!

Coffee drinker?  How much and what time?
What do you do when your workout doesn't go as planned?

No comments: