Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Homan

Annabelle is almost 3.5 weeks! Time flies, but I feel like she has been here much longer than a month's time. It seems like forever ago that I was pregnant. I can't even remember the discomforts. It's so strange. Wow, adjusting to Mommyhood is so different from anything I could have imagined. I am loving my little girl, but I've always heard being a Mother is hard work and a full time job, and so it is! I now go to sleep realizing that I will be up several times that night. Sleep is not for night time anymore, but whenever I can squeeze in a few winks. I am truly a food machine! I must be there for little Annabelle, as I am her CONSTANT nutrition source. AND, diapers, diapers, diapers! Blow out after blowout! We are trying to teach this little lady manners, but she refuses to listen.

But in all of this, I look at her and think how fast time goes by, and to savor these irreplaceable moments with her. They will be gone all too soon. She really is my little peanut! So far, she is a Momma's girl, but Daddy gets good time in with his little one. I assure him that in a year or so, it will be "DADDY" time all the time!

Annabelle is much more alert and awake much more now during the day. She seems bigger to me already from last week. Too bad we don't have a good scale to keep track of her weight. But the girl eats well, so I know she is gaining. She had a GREAT time with Grandma and Grandpa Homan. She especially loves her Grandma! So sweet! We went to Estes park this week, to Thai house, the mall and to church. Wow, she is really getting to know the Denver area. AND, Annabelle is a little social butterfly. She makes friends in her sleep! After church, we stood in the foyer area and people I had never met were coming up to us to meet little Annabelle. But what can I say, she really is ADORABLE.

Grandpa and Grandma Homan


Special time with Grandma

Snuggle time

I LOVE this face Annabelle!

1 comment:

JuJu said...

Kriggy, I love hearing about your precious family! Anabelle gets more beautiful every time I see her. Tell Michael she is lucky to have such amazing grandparents! Love you guys!