Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2 weeks!

Annabelle is doing great! We had her 2 week well baby exam yesterday, and she is growing! This made Mommy and Daddy very happy! Her current weight is 6.5lbs! She also grew half an inch. Breastfeeding is getting easier, but still painful at times. So, I was glad to hear that it is working for our little peanut! She is eating about every 3 hours. I wake her up during the day to eat, but over night I let her sleep as long as she can. Once she slept 4 hours! Usually though, she wakes herself up to eat at night, and I wake her up during the day! Hmmm... I think we have our days and nights mixed up! She is going through a growth spurt, and cluster fed two nights in a row on the hour! I was exhausted by the second morning. But our pediatrician assured us that this is normal! I'm also learning to let her cry herself to sleep if need be. This can be hard, as I feel like I'm being a terrible mother. But, she just doesn't like to go down for her naps! So, it is my last resort after feeding her, changing her, swaddling her, and cuddling her. She usually falls asleep after 5 minutes.

Aside from sleep deprivation, I'm feeling really good! I'm so ready to get out and run again. I've been going on walks for now. The weather outside has been great, and Annabelle has even been able to go for a few walks with Mommy in her stroller. It's been in the 50s and sunny, so it feels even warmer than that! Michael's parents have been in town this week, so we have been able to spend some good time with Grandma and Grandpa Homan. Boy, do they sure love Annabelle! She is going to be spoiled for sure!


It's ME and my Grandpa Homan!

Look how tall I'm getting!



Can you resist all this cuteness???

Favorite "Past Time"

No comments: