Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Still got it! 29 weeks!

It's a BEAUTIFUL day here in Colorado! Sunny, clear blue skies and 60s out! I must admit, that I was a slug though, most of this day. I woke up at 3am to hit the potty, and couldn't get myself back to sleep. "Chunk" was kicking, hubby snoring and my tummy growling. I decided to go downstairs and get a bowl of cereal. I ended up camping on the couch with a lovely fireplace and 1930s movie called "Three's Love", (I think that is what it was called). The movie was so funny that I didn't get myself back to sleep until 4:30. Slept until 8:30, potty break, slept until 10:30 and finally got myself up. I was justifying my need for sleep from the last three 12 hour work shifts. I had every intention of getting myself outside, but then around 1pm I felt tired again and decided to lay down for another nap. I was thinking how maybe, I should just skip running today. Maybe it's time to stop. But, it was SO nice outside, that I thought I was at least attempt it, and maybe just walk if I felt too uncomfortable. HOWEVER, I guess a run was just what the doctor ordered. I ran over 5 miles, when I was only hopeful for 3. YAY! I guess I needed the rest this morning, and now I feel refreshed. It was a good run too. I felt comfortable through most of it, except for having to pee. :)

Here's a link to one of my favorite running videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAF_5XxOKg4#watch-main-area

Congrats to my sister Tracey for running her first marathon! She ran the Chicago Marathon for me and Chunk this past Sunday and averaged 11-12 minute miles running the whole time!!! Hoping to join her next year!

No comments: