Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Run

I LOVE "sleeping in" on my days off!!! I HATE getting up early on the days I have to work when it is still dark outside, and cold when I slide out of bed. I look at Michael and wish a million times that I was sleeping just like him and unaware that it is 5:30 in the morning. So, I treasure the days when I get to sleep in, especially when I wake up and forget that I don't have to work and then remember that "oh yeah, today is my day off". So I curl up next to Michael and drift back to sleep.

This morning was such a morning. When we both finally woke up, we just stayed in bed for a while enjoying the morning light, and being warm in the covers. I adjusted my pillow to snuggle closer to Michael when I realized that the hair tie that was in my hair the night before had once again fallen out and was not in my hair anymore. I have a horrible habit of losing everything, so I am down to about one hair tie. I looked at Michael and said, "I lost another one!!!" I was looking all around in the bed, so he got out of bed to see if it had fallen behind the head board on the floor. He was right and he found it! Then he looked at me and said, there's something else down here, and he pulled out a heart shaped basket filled with chocolate and a lovely leather bound journal with an entry from him inside of it. The journal is a love journal, our love journal that we will record special memories of our relationship throughout the years. His first entry explained this and what the last 4 1/2 months of our budding marriage have meant to him. Tears filled my eyes as I read this, and I thought "God has SO blessed me"! Sometimes I think I have to pinch myself to see if all this is for real! What a great start to a Valentine's Day!

My run today definitely did not match my enthusiasm of the morning. After a raspberry pastry and coffee with the hubby, I was off to my daily run. I had high hopes of running another 10 miles. My high hopes plummeted fast!!! I only ran 6, and I felt sluggish, sore and dizzy most of the run. Michael thinks I might be over-doing it a bit. Perhaps this is true. I ran 10 miles 2 days ago, and then yesterday I worked 12 hours, and was walking or standing for at least 8 hours of that shift. I felt sore when I went to bed, and I felt sore when I got up. I took a hot shower before running, to see if I could get my muscles to loosen up a bit. It helped, but I think I need a bit of rest.

So, I am ready to enjoy the rest of this Valentine's Day with my wonderful husband, and will relax and rest to my heart's content!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments: