Thursday, February 19, 2009

GOOD RUNS 02/18 and 02/19

YAY... I feel like I am enjoying my runs again. After 2 long days of work, the second being a 14.5 hour work day, I was a little nervous that my runs were going to suffer. Yesterday I ran a gentle 6 miles. I paced myself a little slower and felt a little tired. I felt like I could have gone further, but I wanted to really just get my heart rate up for about an hour and relax the rest of the day. I'm glad I did this! Today's run was GREAT! I ran at least 10 miles, and I felt good through the whole run! It was sunny and very little wind.

Post run I had some 2 10oz glasses of water, some grapes and carrots. I stretched for 10 minutes, and then an hour later I had a turkey sandwich on wheat with greens and pecans. I am trying to eat the right kinds of carbs, fats and proteins and increase my water intake. Lately I've been eating so much junk and justifying it by the fact that I run so much, but I know I will run even better when I eat right.

So, next week I am going to try for 11 miles on my long run.

No comments: