Thursday, February 26, 2009

02/26/09 run

Well, today was supposed to be my long run, but the weather had a different plan. 40-50 mph winds. I could barely walk in it let alone run. So I am going to do my long run tomorrow. I hit the treadmill today and ran 5 miles a little faster than my 1/2 marathon pace. There are some benefits to running on a treadmill:

1. Easier on the body and joints. Running on pavement is the worst surface to run on.
2. Easier to monitor speed work.
3. A great way to get your heart rate up and work your muscles the day before a long run without the soreness that comes from running on pavement, running hills and working against the wind.

We close on our house tomorrow!!!! :) Final walk through it is 12:30, so I really need to get up early to get this run in. Praying for more tolerable weather!

No comments: