Saturday, February 7, 2009

02/07/09 Run

I can't believe it! I signed up for the Chicago Marathon for next October. Am I crazy or what??!! It is a life goal. I want to at least do one. So I really have to train now. I did my 10 mile run today, and I was thinking how that is not even half of what I will be running. But, I know I need to not think that far down the road. I am making progress and that is what is exciting.

Today was a hard run though. I really can tell my glycogen stores are depleted after about 7 miles of running. The last 3 miles were really hard. I really need to start bringing some Gatorade on these long runs with me. The first 5 miles was incline and against the wind. By the time I turned around, I was "feeling it". I went on a trail today too, so psychologically it was a little more challenging. When I run my normal course, I can tell myself where I am, or only one more hill then the rest is easy. But today I didn't really know what to expect. But that is good I guess. When I run my 1/2 it will be the first time running that course.

All in all, I did pretty well this week.

Today 10miles
This week 28 miles

No comments: