Saturday, January 24, 2009

01/23/09 Running Blog

I did NOT want to run yesterday. It' around that time of the month, and all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch and eat, eat, eat!!!! The weather is much colder than the AMAZING earlier temps of the week. I'm sure it's not quite as bad as the Midwest, but I have been spoiled lately. Lacing up and going out in the cold did not sound appealing to me at all. On a side note, Michael and I made an offer on a home this week, and it was accepted!!! So my normal excitement for my runs is in big time competition with all my dreams of owning a home. And it's a darling home with room to grow as a family. We are SUPER excited. Went to Home Depo and looked at paint colors, moulding, tiling... so FUN! So, all I wanted to do yesterday was eat, look at pics our home, and dream/talk about all the ways we will (hopefully) make it ours! I did not want to run.

I read a little article on runner's world yesterday to try and get some inspiration. The author stated that when he is "in decision" as to whether or not he is going to run that day, he asks himself this simple question: "Am I going to push myself or wimp out today." I could have made a million excuses for not going on my run: The monthly girl time, new job, new home, exhausted and so forth. But I kept thinking of elite athletes, and how they go anyway. While I didn't make it outdoors, I did hit the gym. Ran 3 miles on the treadmill and did 20 minutes of the stationary bike. I'm glad I made myself go.

Today is my long run: 9 miles. It's a beautiful sunny day. A little chilly, but no wind! I hope to be back on my blog later logging in this run.

Only 10 weeks till my 1/2 marathon!

No comments: