Sunday, October 6, 2013

Race Recap

Great day!  Great Race!  Today I ran the 15k Hot Chocolate race downtown Denver!  I had originally signed up for a 1/2 marathon, but that race date kept changing.  I'm really glad I switched!  I will run this race every year!!  

Friday, picked up my packet at Runner's Roost!  I really like the hoodie!!!


I took Friday off from running. Saturday I ran 3 miles, 1 mile 9 min pace, 1mile 7:10 pace, 1 mile 9:30 pace.  Stretch, stretch, stretch!!

Sunday, up at 5:30am.  I slept really well the night before, 8 hours!!

For breakfast, 2 pieces of wheat toast, cup of tea.


I usually drink coffee, but I didn't want to drink caffeine more than 2 hours before.

My friends Lynn and George picked me up about 6:15.


Drank this about an hour before!  YUM!!


                      Before The Race

I LOVE Denver!!!!


I ran slow jog for 5 minutes or so before the race.  I wanted to start the race with the first mile at 8:20 or so, but I felt really comfortable, and my first mile was about 7:58!  Actually all my miles except for mile 5 were under 8 minute pace! I fueled with Honey Stinger energy chews at mile 4, just 2 chews.  I felt a little shaky at this point, the fuel really helped, and I was back in my groove.  

I felt really good most of this run.  I started to get tired by mile 8, but it was my fastest mile 7:39.  For the last half mile, 4 or 5 girls came up behind me and we were racing each other.  I just focused on my breathing, the last .1 mile I sprinted and beat them all at the finish!! My overall pace 7:54 for 9.3 miles.  Very happy with my time.  
 
                  Yummy Goodies!  
              Lynn ran an amazing race!

   
                   Love this girl!

 
          Annabelle loved the post party!

                  Recovery Nap Time!

 
Over to Lynn and George's for the Bronco game!  Great game!!

Wonderful Day!  I prayed that I would relax and enjoy it, not stress! I love that God cares even about races!  Probably more about our character during them. Running a race is a glimpse into running in our Lives with Him- consistency, dedication, and belief that we can do it, even when we are tired and feel like we have nothing more to give. We can do ALL things through Christ who gives us strength!

No comments: