Sunday, January 19, 2014

Go Broncos!

Woot woot!  Here we come Super Bowl. I have never been one to keep up with football!  But I have been following this season.  I actually watched the AFC championship game by myself today!  Michael had to work, so I recorded the game for him.  I was the only one who was not wearing a Broncos Jersey  at church today!  Denver is crazy crazy about football.  This was even more affirmed when I heard one of my neighbors screaming and cursing while watching the game!  Good grief, I was about to call 911!  I was sure there was some fight breaking out, until I heard him scream, "Moreno".  I will never understand THAT kind of passion for sports.

I have been thinking about getting into yoga to help with my running.  I don't really enjoy strength training, and I hear that yoga does wonders for strength and flexibility.  I intuitively agree with this. I have been focussing more on certain kinds of stretching, and my left knee (my problem knee) is feeling better.  Anyway, I hope to incorporate it into training.  

Today was a rest day.  I literally had no way of running without my kiddos fending for themselves. Some day I hope to own a treadmill.  Just as well, though. My kids are recovered now from nasty colds, and I have managed to fight it.  But this morning I woke up with an icky sinus headache.  Rest is good.  So I took advantage of the day and made some homemade pizza, stretched and watched the game.  Hoping for a good run tomorrow!

Does anyone practice yoga?
Watch the NFC or AFC games today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure do practice yoga! I actually wrote my post today based on your suggestion. (Thank you for the great suggestion!) It really has been wonderful for my running!

Congrats on the Super Bowl! My team won last year and looked like garbage this year so we didn't even make it to the playoffs. I guess I'll be rooting for you guys. :)

Kristy Homan said...

I can't wait to read your post! Very excited!!!!